Monday, September 01, 2008

Gooostav's early

I suspect that we're beginning to get the worst of what we're going to get.

After 2 1/2 hours of sleep (the most consecutive amount of sleep I've had since Thursday), I woke up to a howling wind at about 5:15 a.m. Monday. Scared that it was a tornado, I walked outside to check, and was somewhat relieved to find that we were just in the middle of an apparent squall.

Winds were coming across at what I would imagine was hurricane force, with sideways-blowing rain. It was as loud as I have heard a rainstorm in some time. After being pounded for nearly a half-hour, it has subsided. I see the radar, though, and I know we still have more to endure.

The good news is the storm is moving rather rapidly, and the worst could be over by mid-morning or noon.

I hopefully will be able to give you another update in a few hours. As of now, we haven't lost any services.

Be safe. God Bless.

No comments: