Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Don't call her Da Wife

Her name is now Metry Mama.

It has taken me a little while to make it official, but since it was a 5-5 tie between that and Higher Power (the name I liked least), I get to break the deadlock. It is my blog after all.

The name fits her in so many ways, but mostly because she's the best Mama I know, and well, she lives in Metry. Now I'm not trying to kiss up, mind you, but I have to give credit where credit is due: She does it all for our son and me. Since the majority of the must-be-very-bored people who are reading this know me, that's saying a whole lot. How many out there could not only put up with me, but allow me to be me and still be there 25 hours a day.

If had pocket aces for every time she took The Boy to baseball or fixed me dinner or washed our clothes or on and on and on, I'd be giving Phil Hellmuth a run for his money, and she wouldn't need to take him to practice (although she still would).

Why say all this? Maybe I'm in a sappy mood. Maybe I felt like I don't dish out enough compliments. Maybe it's just time to give credit where credit is due. Maybe it's all of the above.

Whatever the case, I just thought I'd give a public thank you to the one who has treated me better than anyone else I have ever met, and I couldn't ask for a better partner in life.

Thanks for being there ... Love ya Mama.

1 comment:

metrymama said...

Thank you dear that was very sweet!! Is there something you want? I hope you are still in a sappy mood when you get home.

Metry Mama